Friday, August 10, 2007

OMG

I was at work when Kevin messaged me that a package arrived for me. I got all excited because I figured it was either the Kindergarden info for Jackson or it was my sockapalooza package.
Kevin said it wasn't from a school, so I knew.
It was so hard to sit at work for several more hours.

Now normally, when I get home, the 1st thing I do is go and check on the boys. Give them kisses or cuddle them. Oh no, not tonight. Went straight for the back room. The boys won't know, they're sleeping.

I almost cried when I opened up my box.

1st there was this

The silver package has a sticky note on it that reads:

Open, Savor, & Refridgerate.
Knitter's Emergency Kit

and in it?

This:


Chocolate from inside Union Station in DC.

And look at these:




Koigu KPPPM, Embossed Leaves Socks.
Funny thing is, I was knitting this pattern up for myself, but it's been put on the back burner. I had already changed my mind and was going to give the ones I was knitting to my mother or sister whenever they were finished.
I'm so happy with these. I Love the color, the feel, the look....everything about them.

But what made me almost cry?



You see that pink and green?
This is yarn that I have been wanting since I started knitting 2 years ago. The colors...OMG, the colors. Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Knit Happens.

Liz how did you know? I mean, I go months without posting on here, yet you got the one yarn that I have been wanting above all others.
Wow.

I want to knit this up now, but I don't either. It' so beautiful. I keep petting it, smelling it, rubbing it against my face.
I'm so giddy, I don't think I can go to sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SO pleased that you like them! Do the socks fit properly? The heel looks a little funny in the one picture, but it may be positioning. I can fix it if need be! :)

The chocolate is belgian chocolate from Neuhaus, and I believe (although I'm not certain) that the outlet in Union Station is the only one in D.C. It was that or Leonidas, and I wasn't in Georgetown this week to get that. :)

I am so happy that you liked the yarn -- it's a color combo that folks either loathe or love, so I went out on a limb. YAY!

The link up there that you put goes to my static website homepage that I haven't updated in forever. So the blog is at blog.yarngeek.com, in case you want to go read now and then. (When I manage to post, which lately hasn't been nearly enough)

I am so relieved -- there's always that worry that the socks won't fit, or the pal won't like them, or whatever, so it's such a thrill to get it right. :)

Bertha said...

Wow you totally lucked out! Those socks are gorgeous and the chocolate and yarn look amazing! I love that colorway too, so pretty! Can't wait to see what you make with it!