Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Mom's Shawl (FO)

FO [Finished Object]

So this is the
Tea and Sympathy Shawl
from Lion Brand that I made for my Mom's birthday.



I wish I got a better picture of the color. It's a nice olive/forest green with some burnt orange mixed in. Perfect Fall color. And since My mom's birthday was in the middle of Oct and her favorite color is green, it worked out just fine. I finished this back in August and still haven't given it to her. I haven't seen her. But that's a whole other story.

This was the 1st project I did from a pattern. I am quickly learning that even though something looks complicated, it's very easy if you just take it one stitch [from the pattern] at a time.

However, I would like to point out that Homespun sucks to knit with. I didn't realize how much till I started knitting with better stuff.

No comments: